Alfa Romeo Milano – early pre 1972 logo
This classic Alfa Romeo Milano enamel badge is a faithful reproduction of an original keyring badge from a key ring in our reference collection- and made using vitreous enamel just the same as the original.
It features the Arms of the City of Milan which are related to the Crusades - hence the red cross. The green snake is eating a Saracen. The arms are surrounded by Alfa Romeo Milano script in gold and a wreathed border.
This keyring has been very well received by owners of earlier Alfa Romeo cars and has been endorsed by the leading UK parts supplier for these cars.
We are grateful to Charles Leith who runs a 1969 Alfa Romeo for the following information - Nicola Romeo took over the firm in 1920 and at that point the badge changed to read 'ALFA ROMEO MILANO'. The wreath was added in 1925 in celebration of numerous victories on road & track. The badge continued unchanged right up to 1972 when production moved to Pomigliano d'Arco - at which point 'MILANO' disappeared from the badge. This coincided with the introduction of the Alfa Sud - which was built in Naples rather than Milan. They never produced an 'Alfa Romeo Napoli' badge - and simply continued with a straight Alfa Romeo badge up to the present day.
Available as inlaid enamel mounted in teardrop, shield or classic rectangular keyfob shape in any of the leather colours. Red leather seems to be the most popular choice !
|Shape of Key Fob||Classic Rectangular, Shield, Teardrop|