This keyring has now been sold but has been left on view as a very rare example of a Hudson keyring.
The original 1950s Hudson vitreous enamel badge mounted onto this keyfob is only the 2nd example of an original Hudson keyfob badge which we have ever seen.
The other example is listed here in our shop mounted onto a torpedo keyfob ( unless now sold )
Hardly surprising that not many exist as the final Hudson car came off the assembly line on June 25th 1957 !
The badge is in mint condition – the translucent red enamel is as fresh as if it has just been removed from the furnace after firing .
The badge was made by Castles Unit Developments of Castle Gate in Leicester UK.- their famous CUD logo is on the back of the badge.
Castles were the only firm producing keyrings for cars at that time – keyrings for cars were very much in their infancy and only became widely used in the very late 1950s and early 1960s.
Keyrings for American cars were produced in UK at that time ( by Castles) and then sent to USA to be supplied with the cars.
We would assume that with Hudson production ending in 1957, Castles would only have produced one small batch of these badges.
This badge is offered mounted onto the black faux leather keyfob which it came to us on.
We cannot be sure that this is the original keyfob but is in new condition so we have left it be.
The badge is original & correct for use with any 1950s Hudson motor car.
The keyring in the photos is the actual one which you will receive.
When it has been sold this listing will cancel. 00/54 01/21