Individually Handmade Keyrings For Classic Vehicles Made Here In England & Shipped Worldwide

Rolls Royce - original vintage 1960s CUD torpedo Hadley Green dealership keyring.

NOW SOLD – Sorry this keyring has now been sold and can no longer be ordered

We are not licensed by Rolls Royce to reproduce the Rolls Royce logo and none of the keyrings listed here for sale in this website shop feature Rolls Royce keyfob badges with the Rolls Royce logo which have been made by us.

The keyring in this listing is an original vintage keyring dating from the 1960s.

We have just this one example of this original Rolls Royce torpedo keyring which dates from the 1960s.

The condition of this keyring is excellent – probably new old stock having never been used.

The nickel plated badge has black vitreous enamel detail and is mounted onto a torpedo keyfob in genuine black leather.

The back of the keyfob is gold embossed with Hadley Green Garage Ltd details.

Hadley Green Garage were not an official Rolls Royce dealership in the early 1960s – but were selling more Rolls Royce cars than many official dealerships and were appointed as an official dealership in 1965- see details to follow at the end of this listing.

The 01- STD telephone codes were introduced in 1959 – so the Barnet telephone code on the back of the keyfob confirms the date the keyring- although no confirmation is necessary in the case of a  dealership as famous as Hadley Green.

This keyring would have been supplied with a new Rolls Royce motor car supplied by Hadley Green at that time.

No maker’s mark is visible but the keyring was made by  CUD ( Castle Unit Developments of Castle Gate Leicester ) No other badgemakers at the time were producing torpedo design keyrings . The quality of CUD’s products is already legendary and they produced these torpedo keyrings up until the late 1960s.

The badge is relatively loosely attached to the keyfob – this allows some movement. CUD always surface mounted these badges like this – not just in the case of Rolls Royce torpedos but also Jaguar etc.

A superb original keyring correct in every way for use with any 1960s Rolls Royce motor car.

The keyring in the photos is the actual keyring which you will receive.

When it has been sold then this listing will be cancelled.

Hadley Green Garage must be one of the country’s longest established prestige care dealers. Founded in 1919, the company is celebrating its centenary, but it remains a family business that takes pride in maintaining the same values it championed in the early decades of the last century.

Harry Green, who had served an apprenticeship with the Daimler Motor Company, founded the business shortly after the First World War. He started with one Daimler limousine which he hired out as a chauffeur driven vehicle for weddings, funerals and other functions.

Harry’s younger brother, Len, joined him in 1925. The brothers acquired a blacksmith’s shop at Hadley Highstone and built their first garage upon the site. They took on agency for the Rootes car group, which consisted of Humber, Hillman and Sunbeam cars. The Rootes dealership and the car-hire business both did well, and additional property was bought with the intention of expanding the showroom and garage facilities.

Since the 1960s the company has been headed by Harry’s son, Douglas Green, who had taken over when his father passed away. Douglas’s ambitions tended toward the higher end of the market, and in 1962 Hadley Green purchased its first Rolls Royce, a one year old Silver Cloud II. To begin with the market at that level was less than lively, and that first Rolls took six months to sell. Nevertheless, persistence and determination meant that Hadley Green had sold nine used Rolls Royce and Bentley motor cars by the end of the year.

In 1963 Hadley Green sold 37 used Rolls Royce cars. Encouraged by this success, they applied to become Rolls Royce agents. Unfortunately the application was declined due to the proximity of an existing dealership in St Albans.

The following year, a spectacular 63 Rolls Royce and Bentley cars were sold, and Rolls Royce finally began to take some notice of Hadley Green’s growing success. In fact, Hadley Green were selling more Rolls Royce cars than many of the manufacturer’s official dealers. 1964 also saw the company sell its first new Bentley.

Performance speaks for itself, and in 1965 Hadley Green was appointed an official Rolls Royce and Bentley retailer – on the same day as the new Silver Shadow model was announced. Since then growth has continued. The emphasis has shifted away from economical family cars such as those produced by the Rootes group, and the focus is now clearly on the luxury and performance end of the market. The company has acquired additional property and showrooms, and now specialises in Bentley, Jaguar, Lotus and Land Rover vehicles.  00/521       11/19