1 in stock
An original vintage keyring commemorating the Burrell Traction Engine.
The keyring was almost certainly produced in the late 1960s as the design of the back of the badge and the exact style of keyfob are something which we see regularly having been produced for late 1960s vehicles which are easy to date.
We have never before seen a similar keyring despite dealing in vintage keyrings for over 10 years.
The badge is in ‘old school’ vitreous enamel and is mounted onto a keyfob in genuine black leather.
Condition is excellent – probably new old stock – and could have been produced at the time to be offered for sale at a steam engine rally such as now held at Carrington.
The keyring in the photos is the actual one which you will receive.
When it has been sold this listing will be cancelled.
Charles Burrell & Sons were builders of steam traction engines, agricultural machinery, steam lorries and steam tram engines. The company were based in Thetford, Norfolk and operated from the St Nicholas works on Minstergate and St Nicholas Street, some of which survives today.
At their height they employed over 350 people and were the largest employer within the town. The company became known for producing reliable and good-looking traction engines which were always built to customers’ requirements. The company declined after the First World War when internal combustion engines started to become a cheaper alternative to steam power. The company finally closed in 1928, with the final engines being built by Richard Garrett & Sons at Leiston, Suffolk.