1 in stock
An original Dennis keyfob badge dating from the late 1950s or early 1960s which we have remounted onto a new leather keyfob as can be seen in the photos.
The badge is the only one which we ever seen over the last 10 years and is in excellent condition and was made by Sculthorp of London who were only in business for a short time from the late 1950s into the early 1960s.
The keyring in the photos is the actual one which you will receive.
When it has been sold this listing will be cancelled.
The AV1, a new diesel ambulance chassis, returned ambulances to the Dennis product line-up during 1954. The next year an updated heavy fire engine chassis received Rolls-Royce fully automatic gearboxes.
They were not yet in production but Dennis revealed their plans for new Loline model doubledeck buses at the end of 1956. Built with Dennis components they used a patented Bristol Loddeka chassis. The Dennis version was for the independent section of the market Bristol was unable to supply.
During 1957 sales in both home and export markets fell. Demand for commercial vehicles did not recover after the Suez Crisis.
The new Loline buses were in service and a variant new chassis was now available with front entry providing driver control of the door.
In the 1960s engines moved to the back of the buses.
In May 1962, Dennis bought the fire appliance division of Hawker Siddley Group’s Alfred Miles. In April 1964 tractor manufacturer Mercury Truck & Tractor Company, Mercury Airfield Equipment that manufactured airport tugs and later baggage trailers and ground units, and Mercury Snow Control were purchased.